Unfortunately, our Factory is currently closed due to the Covid-19 virus situation. Sadly, this means we are not able to carry out any repair work at this time and we apologise for any disappointment caused. However, please do still go ahead and purchase your repair and we will start work on it once the factory returns. Once you have purchased your repair, our Customer Services Team will be in touch within a couple of days to confirm the next steps.
When you send your shoes back to our factory for repair, it isn't really a repair at all; it’s more of a total rebuild. We strip the shoes down and put them back onto their original last, thereby reshaping the upper back to how it was on the day they were first made.
The beauty of the Goodyear Welted shoe is that as you wear them, the leather insole shapes to your foot and when we repair them, we can leave the insole and just change the sole. This means that the shoe remains as comfortable as when you brought them back to us, even though the sole is as good as new. On other types of shoes the sole and the insole is the same thing, so when you replace the sole, you also lose that lovely leather insole that has shaped to your foot.
Once the new sole has been stitched on and trimmed around by hand, the shoes are then re-polished and re-laced before it is quality inspected and packaged back up to send to you.
Please Note the Following:
- We only repair Grenson footwear. Regrettably we cannot repair moccassins or sandals due to their manufacturing processes.
- We can only repair certain Sneaker styles that are constructed with a side stitched, cup sole. Please contact us if you have queries relating to your Sneakers being repaired.
- Your shoes can only be refurbished a maximum of 3 times.
- We are unable to repair any shoes that have been repaired by a third party.
- We cannot repair any uppers, stitchings or linings.
- Triple Welt styles can only be repaired with the same triple welt sole, and no other shoe can be re-made into a triple welt.
It may not be cheap and it may take a while, but you end up with a pair of shoes that look and feel almost new.
The cost of a full refurbishment is:
- £110 for the UK, EU & ROW
The cost for a Triple Welt full refurbishment is:
- £125 for the UK, EU & ROW
Please note, you can only repair a Triple Welt style with a Triple Welt sole.
All repairs take roughly 4-6 weeks from receipt.
If you are attached to your laces, shoe trees, bags or boxes etc, please don't send them into us. We will replace all laces and shoeboxes with each repair and cannot be held liable for your much loved accessories!
In order to send your repairs to us please order via the button below: