When you send your shoes back to our factory for repair, it isn't really a repair at all; it’s more of a total rebuild. We strip the shoes down and put them back onto their original last, thereby reshaping the upper back to how it was on the day they were first made.
The beauty of the Goodyear Welted shoe is that as you wear them, the leather insole shapes to your foot and when we repair them, we can leave the insole and just change the sole. This means that the shoe remains as comfortable as when you brought them back to us, even though the sole is as good as new. On other types of shoes the sole and the insole are the same thing, so when you replace the sole, you also lose that lovely leather insole that has shaped to your foot.
Once the new sole has been stitched on and trimmed around by hand, the shoes are then re-polished and re-laced before they are quality inspected and packaged up to send back to you.
Please note the following:
- We only repair Grenson footwear. Regrettably we cannot repair moccasins or sandals due to their manufacturing processes.
- We can only repair certain Sneaker styles that are constructed with a side stitched, cup sole. Please contact us if you have queries relating to your Sneakers being repaired.
- Your shoes can only be refurbished a maximum of 3 times.
- We are unable to repair any shoes that have been repaired by a third party.
- Triple Welt styles can only be repaired as a Triple Welt construction. No other shoes can be re-made as a Triple Welt construction.
- We can only repair a Triple Welt style with a sole suitable for this construction.
- All repairs take roughly 3-4 weeks from receipt.
- If you are attached to your laces, shoe trees, bags or boxes etc, please don't send them into us. We will replace all laces and shoe boxes with each repair and cannot be held liable for your much loved accessories!