SIZE AND FITTING
What size do you recommend?
Our sizing is based on standard British sizing and you should take the size that you normally take in shoes like ours. However there are two things to note:
- If your feet are quite narrow, you might need to take half a size down - especially if the shoe is a G fit, which is our wider fitting.
- Often people take half a size down in our shoes compared with high street sports sneakers.
Where do you make your shoes and how are they made?
SHIPPING AND RETURNS
How long will it take to ship my order?
We attempt to dispatch all orders the same business day if placed before 2pm (UK time). Unfortunately during business peaks, we may not be able to ship your delivery until the following business day. Please note we do not dispatch any orders on weekends or UK public holidays.
We use DPD and DHL for all of our UK deliveries. We use DHL Worldwide Express air freight for our USA shipments. We use FedEx road and air services for our European and Non-USA international shipments. DHL and FedEx offer express customs clearance facilities whilst your order is in transit.
All of our orders require a signature on receipt of delivery. DPD offer a leave with neighbour or safe place service - this is the responsibility of the customer making the request. Grenson will not be held liable for any missing items. Please note: requests to alter your delivery can incur a delay within the DPD network.
Normal carrier timescales will apply for lace orders being delivered to non-UK addresses.
We regret that we cannot guarantee a timed or next-day delivery service to locations outside of the UK mainland.
Please Note: Promotional free shipping to any global territory is offered on a strictly limited and promotional basis. Grenson Ltd reserve the right to withdraw any promotional shipping offer without prior notice to customers.
Below is a guide of our shipping services and costs. Please note that time specific and Saturday delivery services are subject to availability and are not available for selection at checkout within our sale or peak promotional periods.
- Standard delivery - £6 (Next working day from dispatch)
- Next day before 10:30am - £25 (Mon -Thurs on orders placed by 2pm on the working day prior (GMT) - Not available in peak periods of high demand.
- Next day before 12 Noon - £15 (Mon -Thurs on orders placed by 2pm on the working day prior (GMT) - Not available in peak periods of high demand.
- Standard - €25 (this service is approximately 3-5 days from dispatch) - Please Note: All import duties and taxes are paid in advance by Grenson at no extra cost to our customers.
- Standard - $25 (this service is approximately 1 – 3 days from dispatch) - Please Note: All import duties and taxes are paid in advance by Grenson at no extra cost to our customers.
Rest of The World International (Outside UK, USA, European zones)
- Standard - £25 (this service is approximately 5 – 6 days from dispatch) - Please Note: All import duties and taxes are paid in advance by Grenson at no extra cost to our customers.
Please note: these delivery times are estimations quoted to us by our carriers and can be subject to change with or without notice outside of our control. They should be used as a guide only. With all shipping services, we still face some restrictions around the world due to challenges faced by our carriers that are unfortunately outside of our control.
What happens if I want to return MY SHOES?
We offer a free returns service globally (where carrier service coverage permits). For orders within the UK, you can choose to use our pre-paid returns option via Royal Mail and DPD. For orders outside of the UK, we offer free returns globally via DHL.
If for any reason you wish to return your unworn items, please follow the instructions detailed below.
All items must be returned in an unworn condition and in original packaging.
You must inform us within 14 days of purchase that you wish to return or exchange them. You must then return the product to us within 14 days from the date you informed us. Please note: If you wish to return any discounted product that you bought during the sale, we are unable to offer exchanges, but you can return it for a refund according to the terms above and then re-buy whatever you need.
If any item is returned outside of the 28 day returns window, or if any item is returned showing visible signs of wear, we regret we cannot guarantee a refund or exchange will be offered or available.
Regrettably we cannot offer exchanges on any discounted product purchased within a sale or any other promotional period. Due to the pace of sales during these periods, we advise purchasing the new size your require and return your original purchase for a refund. If you return discounted items requesting an exchange, these will instead be refunded to you if all meets the criteria as listed above for a viable return.
We cannot offer exchanges at all for any of our EU customers at present.
If there is no carrier service available in your area from our delivery partners outlined above, it will be your responsibility to return goods to us and, regrettably, we will not be able to cover the cost of this.
If you are located within the UK:
We have included pre-paid adhesive returns labels within your order packaging for both DPD and Royal Mail. DPD offer a tracked 1-2 working day delivery service that can be dropped off at a local DPD Pick Up Shop. You can locate your nearest DPD Pick Up Shop here.
Royal Mail offer a tracked 48 hour service that can be dropped off at any of the 11,000 plus Post Offices in the UK. You can use the official Royal Mail Post Office branch finder here to locate your nearest Post Office. Alternatively, you can also arrange for Royal Mail to collect your return from an address of your choice. A collection can be booked via our dedicated Grenson Royal Mail Returns Portal.
Please make sure you complete the brief form on the reverse of your invoice to confirm the reason for your return and include it with the returned items.
If you do not include this paperwork, it can lead to a delay in us being able to process your return.
We aim to have all returned items processed within 10 business days of arriving back to our Warehouse. Please be aware of any public holidays, weekends or unprecedented events beyond our control which may potentially delay delivery of your return to us.
Please note: you can drop off items purchased online to any of our London stores but we regret we are unable to offer a refund in store. Your refund will be processed once your returned items have arrived back to our warehouse and have been checked by our Returns Team for quality control. Delivery back to our Warehouse can be delayed. Please be advised that any returns made to store cannot be guaranteed to be processed within the 10 business days schedule as detailed above.
We advise using our free returns labels as provided wherever possible for the most efficient service.
Our address for returning items is:
C2 Crown Way
If you are located outside of the UK:
We offer a free of charge international returns service via DHL drop off. If for any reason you wish to return your unworn items, please log in to your account on our website and head to the 'My Account' area of the site.
From the 'My Account' area of our website, you can arrange a free of charge return within our 28 day returns window. Simply view the details of the order you wish to return and then select the items and quantities you wish to return to us. You will then be able to generate a DHL label to print and attach to your parcel in preparation of your return to your nearest DHL drop off point.
You won't need any additional customs paperwork as all of this is handled electronically by our systems and DHL.
We would advise ensuring that you drop off your parcel at a DHL drop off point within 48 hours of generating a label to save on any potential issues. You can find your nearest drop-off centre globally via DHL's location finder here: https://locator.dhl.com/
Please note that all items must be returned to Grenson within 28 days of receiving your order in the original packaging and unworn.
If any item is returned outside of the 28 day returns window, or if any item is returned showing visible signs of wear, we regret we cannot guarantee a refund or exchange will be offered or available.
Our Returns Process
Please note: If your order is returned outside our 28 day returns window, we regret you will not be able to arrange a free of charge return via your web account. Please contact the Grenson Customer Services Team for further details.
Please be aware we cannot offer exchanges on items purchased at a discounted price or as part of a promotion. If items meeting the above criteria are returned with the request for an exchange, they will instead be refunded as long as they are in an unworn condition & within the original packaging.
To request a free of charge return, please follow the below steps:
We offer free returns via both Royal Mail and DPD (where availability permits). You will find pre-printed returns labels for either of these services within your order that you can use to return your unwanted items to Grenson.
Outside of the UK Customers
We offer a free of charge return service via DHL for all of our international customers. The below steps offer guidance on how to return your unwanted items. Please note we cannot offer exchanges to EU customers. All orders returned will be refunded as long as the items meet our requirements for returned goods and are unworn, in the original packaging.
- Firstly, please mark on the reverse of your original invoice whether an exchange or refund is required by ticking the box provided on the reverse of the invoice along with the reason for the exchange/refund. Please include this invoice in the package with the items to be returned. Without this processing your return can be delayed.
- To arrange your parcel's free of charge return, you will need to log into your account on our site and browse to the 'Orders' section of your account. From here, you will be able to request a DHL shipping label free of charge.
Our system will send all of the required customs declarations to DHL when the label is created. As a result, there is no need for any additional paperwork apart from the original invoice with the return information completed on the reverse as per above.
- Once you have printed your label and attached to the outside of the box, please use DHL's global drop off location finder to find the nearest option to you. You can find this here: https://locator.dhl.com/
- It is important to also make a clear note on the outside of your package advising of: ‘BRITISH RETURNED GOODS’. Without this, you may be liable for import duty charges and your return may be delayed in arriving with us.
- Please make sure you take note of your Return Reference and the Waybill Number shown on screen before dropping off your parcel with DHL - these references are how you can track your order via DHL's online tracking service.
- Once your goods are accepted back into stock, you will be issued with an exchange or refund within 10 business days of receipt back to our Warehouse. All refunds are for the value of goods purchased and exclude original shipping fees. Please be aware we can only exchange sizing on a like for like product basis. We regret we cannot exchange for an alternative item.
How many times can I exchange?
Please note, we are only able to offer a single exchange per item. If goods are still unsuitable, or are not required after being exchanged, these items can only be returned & refunded (excluding shipping charges) provided they are returned back to us within our 28 day returns window. Currently we are unable to offer exchanges to EU customers. All returns and refunds are subject to our Terms and Conditions.
It may not always be possible to exchange an item when requested as our stock levels can change quickly, especially during our busy promotional periods. When we are unable to fulfil an exchange request, we will automatically refund your original purchase (excluding shipping charges) to your original payment method. Any items sent back for exchange or refund must be in unworn condition, as per our terms and conditions.
You are welcome to place a new order for any additional sizes or styles you require and we will be happy to fulfil this, depending on our stock levels, if you are unable to exchange as per above.
What Countries do you ship to?
We ship worldwide to many countries from our Factory and Warehouse location in Northamptonshire, UK. Unfortunately, if your country is not listed below, we regret that we do not offer a shipping service to your area at present. We regularly review this list:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- Korea (the Republic of)
- Netherlands (the)
- New Zealand
- Taiwan (Province of China)
- United Arab Emirates (the)
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- United States of America (the)
All orders must be placed via grenson.com in the relevant currency for your shipping destination.
How DO I PAY ANY DUTIES OR TAXES FOR MY INTERNATIONAL ORDER?
As part of our commitment to great shopping experiences from Grenson, we operate a full taxes and duties paid service globally (DDP). This means that Grenson will pay any applicable import duties or taxes in advance on your behalf. As a result, you will only ever pay the price of the products you are ordering and the shipping costs.
We ship all of our international orders on a paperless trade basis. This mean we are using minimal paper for our shipping processes. This also means that because our export documentation is a digital format, your order can begin to clear customs in your country before the package actually arrives at the border.
This investment into our customer shipping experiences is to ensure we can offer our customers the fastest delivery experience that we can, as a small independant brand.
How do I make an enquiry?
If you have any queries about your order or a question about Grenson, please contact us via our contacts page.
Our office hours are: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Our postal address for written enquiries is:
C2 Crown Way
ORDERS & PAYMENTS
Do you have a Factory Shop?
We don’t have a factory shop at our factory in Northamptonshire - this is purely a site for manufacturing and warehousing and is not open to the public.
Are you having issues using our web site or placing an order?
With the thousands of types of devices available to consumers around the globe, and the many different software combinations, we cannot fully troubleshoot all errors. However, we try very hard to make sure we have our website as functional as possible on the majority of the most popular devices and operating systems/web browsers in current popular use.
Here are a few common points that may be able to help you with your current issues:
- Make sure you are logged in to be able to check out – We request all users are logged in to our website to be able to complete an order. This is mainly due to the fact we often run promotions or offers to our valued loyal subscribers and we need to make sure we are identifying the correct customers. By having an account, you are also able to view previous orders and if outside of the UK, manage your return collection requests via our DHL integration within the ‘Account’ area of our website.
- I have previously checked out with Amazon Pay – We currently do not support Amazon Pay. If you have used Amazon Pay previously on our website, then an account would have automatically been created for you based on your Amazon account credentials. If you have any issues with a forgotten password or email address, please remember these are your Amazon account login details and you will need to use the email address you use with Amazon to identify your account.
If you have tried all of the above to no avail, we would suggest clearing the cookies and cache from your browser to make sure your device is accessing the latest version of our website and not an older version cached by your browser software that may now contain expired information around user sessions or similar. Here is a handy reference on how to clear your cache or cookies in most modern web browsers to assist with this: https://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/.
Failing all of these options, we would recommend trying another device if possible.
how can i pay for my order?
We offer a variety of payment options for our customers to make it easier and more convenient to pay.
Currently, we offer the following payment methods:
- Credit/Debit Card
Please note, to use PayPal, you will need to have an account set up with these payment providers beforehand.
We take fraud very seriously, so please be aware that all credit and debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. We may also contact you to validate details for your protection as well as ours. We have the right to refuse any orders we believe to be fraudulent or are not able to meet our checks.
Do you Offer Gift VOUCHERS?
You will see a link in the main menu of our website on a mobile device or in the top right corner of desktop versions allowing you the option to purchase gift vouchers.
There are a couple of important points to note regarding the gift voucher functionality that we offer:
- Please note: our system will automatically send an email with confirmation of the Gift Voucher to the email address entered in the 'Recipient's Email' box upon completion of purchase. If you would like to provide your intended recipient with the Gift Voucher at a later date, and for it to not be sent directly to their email address at the time of purchase, please do NOT enter their email address in the box labelled 'Recipient's Email' when purchasing. We recommend you enter your own email in this box instead - you will then directly receive the code and can provide this to them at your own convenience.
- On completion of your Gift Voucher order, the message is sent directly to the receipient email address that was entered. This happens automatically within a matter of minutes. At present, unfortunately we do not have the option to delay the sending of this message at a later date or time.
- Gift Vouchers purchased in our London retail stores can only be redeemed in one of our London retail stores and cannot be redeemed for any purchase via our website.
- Our vouchers purchased online are for use on our website only at grenson.com. They can't be redeemed at any of our retail stores or other Grenson stockist.
- We have set denominations of voucher amount that you can choose from via a drop down menu.
- Our gift vouchers are elctronic only and are delivered via email. You can enter any name or email address to send a gift voucher, along with a personalised message that will appear on the voucher.
- If your chosen recipient hasn't received the voucher email as expected, please ask them to check any spam or junk folders. If the message still hasn't been received, you can contact our Customer Services team for further assistance.
- All vouchers are valid for 365 days from purchase and are non-refundable post purchase.
- Vouchers cannot be exchanged for any cash alternative value.
- Gift vouchers can only be purchased and redeemed when shopping in our GBP delivery zone.
- Currently, we do not offer gift vouchers for purchase or redemption to our USD or EUR delivery zones.
Do you have any discounts available?
Occasionally, we may run promotions and sales.
We would suggest signing up to our Newsletter via the form at the bottom of any of our web pages, as our subscribers are first to hear about our promotions, sales, new collections, seasonal offerings and special events.
How can I amend or cancel my order?
If you need to amend or cancel your order, please contact our Customer Services Team as soon as possible, confirming the details of the order you want to change. Please note: during our sale, other high order volume peaks or due to circumstances beyond our control, we regret we are unable to cancel or amend any orders.
Unfortunately, it will not always be possible to amend or stop the order if it has already been completed and dispatched by our Warehouse. In such circumstances, you can return the unwanted goods free of charge by using our returns service (details of which can be found on our Shipping & Returns page).
You can also update delivery address details directly via our couriers by visiting the below links with your tracking details:
How do I send my shoes to you for repair?
Please purchase your relevant repair via our repairs page, and then post your shoes along with a copy of your repair order confirmation email enclosed to our address below :
FAO Repairs Department
C2 Crown Way
If you are sending in your repair from outside the UK, please declare your goods and clearly mark your return package as "British Returned Goods"
If you cannot include a printed copy of your repair order confirmation email, please ensure you include a covering letter (handwritten or typed) with your name and Order Number with your returned footwear.
We recommend using a tracked service to send your shoes into us; this is not something that we cover within the cost of a repair. Please ensure your footwear is packaged for safe transport to us as we regret we cannot be held liable for any damage caused in transit. When you order your required repair, the shipping amount charged is used for us to send your shoes back to you via our express & fully tracked courier service.
Once received, our Repairs Department will prepare them for the factory and will be in touch as soon as possible. Please be advised: repairs can take approximately 3-4 weeks to complete once they are within the Factory and any other items, accessories etc. purchased alongside the repair, will be despatched with the completed repair.
Please also be aware of any public holidays, weekends or unprecedented events beyond our control which may potentially delay completion or return of your repairs.
My shoes are faulty! What should I do?
If you believe you have received a faulty or defective item, and haven’t yet worn your shoes, you can send these back to us via our normal returns process for a full refund or exchange. Please refer to our return instructions for full details of this process.
If you have worn your shoes and find there is an issue, please contact our Customer Services Team who will be happy to assist.
Our Customer Services team operate within the GMT time zone on Mon-Fri: 9am - 5pm (excluding public holidays).
We aim to respond to all messages within 2 working days. Please note this may be slightly longer during sale and peak seasons.